PRABHU JAGATBANDHU COLLEGE
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND IMPROVEMENT POLICY
1. POLICY STATEMENT
The College is committed to a policy of continuous quality assurance leading to quality improvement. This means robust, accurate and ongoing self assessment which leads to real improvement in the quality of provision and learner experience and success. The self assessment process is a grass roots upwards process which involves the whole College community. Self assessment is validated through
- the function of Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Annual quality Assurance Report submitted to NAAC
- Perspective and Strategic Plan ( PASP )
- Review meetings held by key groups such as various subcommittees of the Teachers’ Council, Staff Council, different Cells, different Clubs, Students’ Union, Alumni Association, Parent Group along with the Governing body.
External peer evaluation of College Quality Assurance processes also takes place.
2. POLICY SCOPE
The purpose of this policy is to establish guidance regarding key aims and actions relating to College quality assurance procedures.
3. POLICY AIMS
3.1 The College aims to have robust and accurate self assessment which leads to real improvement.
To achieve this we must:
• Create staff confidence in the self assessment process
• Expect all staff and members of the College community, including Governing Body members and students, to contribute to self assessment and to quality improvement
• Operate within a coherent quality cycle which is published in the Quality Assurance and Improvement Handbook
• Use external peer evaluation of College reports and processes to assist quality improvement
3.2 The College aims to be outstanding in all areas of College business. To achieve this we must:
• Provide opportunities for all staff to develop outstanding practice. Analyse the capabilities of our staff through observation feedback, learner and parent voice feedback and other ways and provide the appropriate professional development to ensure they have the skills necessary to deliver outstanding practice. For teachers this will focus on the skills to deliver inspirational teaching and learning
• Analyse all staff SARs (Self Appraisal reports) and identify staff development needs in order to form a year’s programme to cater to the Career Advancement requirements of the Teaching staff
• Share good practice across the College, in all areas of College business, through a variety of mechanisms
• Establish the aspiration for outstanding teaching and learning
• Challenge satisfactory and less than satisfactory performance through Self Assessment Report and Action Plan Review meetings, other opportunities
• Recognize and celebrate outstanding performance of all staff
3.3 The College aims to enable outstanding success for all of our learners.
3.4 The College aims to provide accurate and formative assessment and verification. To achieve this we must:
• Have accurate formative assessment which informs learners how to successfully achieve their summative assessments.
3.5 The College aims to carry out rigorous action planning and monitoring. To achieve this we must:
• Devise action plans that will achieve year on year improvement
• Rigorously monitor quality improvement plans and targets through Review meetings
• Inform all staff, including senior management and governors on the ongoing monitoring of quality improvements
3.6 The College aims to achieve very high satisfaction for all of our learners, parents, staff and other stakeholders. To achieve this we must:
• Learn from and act upon learners’, parents’, staff and other stakeholders’ comments in surveys and forums to improve their experience
• Ensure these surveys are available in alternative formats and on the College website as appropriate in order to maximise response rates
4. RELATED DOCUMENTS
Calcutta University Statutes and College Manual
Annual Quality Assurance Report
Grievance Redressal Policy and Procedures
Department Self Assessment Reviews and Action Plans
Equality and Diversity Policy
Quality Assurance and Improvement Handbook
Staff Development Policy and Procedures